Interested in finding out more about starting a chapter? All your questions answered below!
Ready to start a new chapter? First, click here to make sure we don’t have a chapter in your area. If there is no chapter listed, please fill out this form. HMN will send you a link to a short video that describes the Community Organizer role, plus an application. We look forward to working with you to build a new holistic community in your area!
Why should I start a Holistic Moms Network Chapter?
Starting a new chapter within our organization is an exciting and rewarding adventure! You will:
- Meet others who share your views and passions;
- Develop new friendships;
- Foster a nurturing community;
- Create a positive environment where holistic moms share their parenting experiences and natural health knowledge, without criticism;
- Provide valuable support to moms throughout your area who may be struggling to parent mindfully in the face of pressure from well-meaning family members, friends, or society at large;
- Organize monthly gatherings to help your community learn about numerous topics of interest from each other or from holistic experts, who may serve as guest speakers, and strengthen the network of holistic moms, alternative health providers, and holistic professionals in your own backyard!
- Satisfy your own passion for educating others about holistic health and conscious parenting.
The Holistic Moms Network (HMN) supports chapters by providing community organizer training, a step-by-step chapter manual, and a wealth of resources – including both online advice through our chapter Community Organizer Google Drive, a closed Community Organizer Facebook group, and written materials.
As HMN Chapter Community Organizers, you have a voice both within your Chapter and beyond. Your volunteer role can be a very rewarding one, and will change the change of many like-minded families in your local area. HMN is dedicated to helping make your chapter a success. We provide the tools to make your chapter possible and build a thriving community!
Please note: We are a community-building organization and abide by a non-solicitation policy within our Chapters. While some of our existing Chapter Community Organizers are holistic healthcare professionals or business owners, their focus is to build a chapter and strengthen HMN’s Vision and Purpose. If you are a holistic business owner or healthcare practitioner looking to build your business, being a Chapter Community Organizer is not for you. Our communities are not about marketing a specific product, company, or practice, but rather about building authentic grassroots communities.
What’s involved in running a Holistic Moms Chapter?
As with any organization, running a chapter of the Holistic Moms Network brings with it certain responsibilities:
- New Chapters are required to have two Community Organizers to kick off.
- To get the chapter started, you will need to set up a gathering location, date and time; select topics of interest for the group; advertise your chapter locally; and field inquiries from prospective members. HMN will help guide you through each of these steps.
- Once your chapter is up and running, you and your local community organizers will continue to plan gatherings, invite guest speakers, advertise your chapter, and manage your chapter funds.
- You may also choose to add new activities to your chapter, such as playgroups, a book club, or a lending library, for example – but these are not requirements and you can add activities as your chapter grows. The more members you have, the more activities you may wish to offer – and to delegate to your members.
- Most importantly, you need commitment, passion, and energy to see your Chapter through to success. Getting your community going and seeing it thrive may not always be a smooth process, but our volunteers are dynamic and persistent, and are motivated to succeed.
I already meet with a group of holistic-minded moms. Can we become a Chapter?
Absolutely! Becoming a chapter of the Holistic Moms Network provides you with an opportunity to join a larger community and to be part of our not-for-profit corporation.
Our National organization will:
- help guide your chapter,
- provide you with ideas for future activities,
- build all the tools needed for chapter success, including a chapter email address,
- process memberships and send out communications with members regarding their memberships,
- design a chapter webpage,
- create chapter social media accounts,
- assist you with maintaining your chapter’s own online members group.
All of our chapters have the freedom to meet their members’ needs, so if your existing group has specific interests, you will likely be able to incorporate them into your HMN chapter. In addition, a significant portion of each annual HMN membership fee is given to the chapter in order to fund its activities and cover local expenses, such as the costs involved in creating fliers or renting out meeting space, if necessary.
How much does it cost to start a Chapter?
All chapter Community Organizers must be members of our organization. Annual membership is $30 per year, a tax-deductible contribution to our organization. For $30 (just $2.50 per month!) you receive many great benefits.
Chapter Community Organizers pay an additional $25 for a Leadership Training Kit, which includes the Chapter Community Organizer Manual, leadership materials and online trainings, plus access to our online resources – all of which are benefits of being an affiliated HMN Chapter Community Organizer.
Okay, I want to get started! What do I do now?
Great! First, make sure we don’t already have an active or launching chapter in your area by clicking here. If there is no chapter in your area, please fill out this form. HMN will send you a link to a short video that describes what is involved in starting and running a new HMN Chapter, plus an application to become a Community Organizer. We look forward to working with you to build a new holistic community in your area!
If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com or by phone at (877) HOL-MOMS. Thank you!